The African man is a gentle creature yet so powerful and mysterious. Dating African men can prove to be an experience of a life time if you have never dated them before. The truth is, figuring out how to date an African man is never easy. However, you must look for some tips that will guide you on how to go about it.
Dating African men will give you the pleasure of having security. They are very aware of what the needs of a woman are. Most African men would refuse to let the lady pick up the tab (Well, maybe only on the first date).
Once they are committed, it is their nature to work tirelessly to ensure that you are happy.
Another plus in dating an African man is that they can make for great lovers. Their’s is a romantic bone and you will surely not be disappointed. When an African man loves, he loves for real!
Dating African men will require you to have some qualities and understand some important things including the following:
- Knowing clearly what your role in the relationship is. You are not the head and you should give the man an opportunity to be the man. African men will go for people who are humble and gentle in all senses. There is something about a down to earth partner that excites them. When you are down to earth, it does not mean that you will be oppressed. To the contrary, the man will seek to protect you and build you up.
- Most African men want a woman who understands her history, and is somewhat familiar with her culture. To them, this serves as proof of a woman who can be introduced to the parents, and who will manage home affairs very well.
- What may appear to you as him being overprotective is just him trying to tell you to pay more attention to him than you do to his freinds. Some African men dislike extremely nice or flirtacious girl who does not know when to say "NO."
- As a woman, you must have the element of hard work. This is a value that will help you create a good image for your African man.
- You must be sincere and honest.
- The modern African man is still looking for girls who are both modern and at the same time can cook great traditional meals. Yes, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
When you build your relationships on strong blocks like love, commitment and trust, you will definitely see that you will take your union to another level. As you date, have fun and enjoy yourself. That is what dating is all about.
By: Millie Monyo